Wednesday, March 27, 2013

STFU

So, the awful punniness of your username immediately drew in and, indeed, you fess up to being good at them in general. (I still have the "flour power" label from my electric mixer's box displayed on my fridge.) Of course, now I'm getting awful stage fright and can't come up with any punny rejoinders. 

I also admit to being really intrigued by the idea that your job not only permits, but *requires* company-wide emails to be in limerick form. I suspect that's not quite what you meant.  While our group at my office has been known to compose awful limericks at parties (like rap battles, but for a bunch of dorks), our regular work days don't involve nearly as much doggerel as they really should. 



1.)  There's no need to admit you have stage fright.  You're sending me a message on an internet dating website.  Take a few minutes, and think of something witty.  I won't know the difference.

2.)  My job requires me to maintain a fun office culture.  Writing limerick e-mails is one of the many ways I do that.  Stop using asterisks to argue semantics.  You're an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment