Saturday, January 14, 2012

Retirement

I was having blast dating people I met online and even more fun making fun of their messages. Then, at the end of June, I received this message on OKC while I was at work:

Well howdy stranger.

The Fall is indeed f*ing awesome.

I was checking my messages on my iPhone, so I couldn't really see the profile pic, and I was a little confused about the cryptically short message and I spent my afternoon jog wondering if it was blog-worthy. When I got home later, I checked it again and realized that it was from a boy I met at a picnic in Central Park about a week earlier. A boy that I happened to think was completely adorable. My profile had come up as a 96% match for him. We started hanging out here and there and it didn't take long for me to fall for him. I've been hanging on to my OKC profile purely for the hilariously pathetic messages, but we've been together for close to five months now and it's finally time to delete my account. So, without further ado, please enjoy the last five months worth of stupid messages. And single friends: keep up the good work! I hope your dating adventures have a happy ending as well. And no, he doesn't wear skinny jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment