Wednesday, August 10, 2011

i'm in a sad mood tonight

oh sam cooke? I remember when i was little my grandfather used to play the vinyls, "A Change Is Gonna Come" was my favorite. He would always sit in his chair and read the paper with a glass of whiskey and his soul vinyls. Then he'd tell me stories about growing up, going to war about the friends he'd kept nad the ones he lost, the secrets to keeping my a woman happy, and what it means to be a man. I also remember my fist sip of whiskey with him turned out to be his last...umm yea sam cooke, great stuff.

His grandfather's secret to keeping a woman happy? Talk about really sad stuff. Right off the bat.

1 comment:

  1. This guy begins with the soul-baring stuff and then by the tenth date, he's finally ready to talk about the weather.

    ReplyDelete