Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The book he's talking about is The Stepford Wives...

If you've a bit of Lolita in your soul, may I entice you into indulging yourself in a flirtation with a charming, urbane, well-read, well-traveled, highly inappropriate rogue from the town in FF County that inspired Ira Levin to write the book that he's best known for. The one that was filmed not just once, but twice, here in the land of Pink And Green at, inter alia, the "Good Wives' Shopping Center." It exists. I didn't believe it until I went to see.
I'm an unreconstructed rebel/hippie/love-child from the 60's & 70's; more or less successfully disguised as a more or less responsible adult. The occasionally curmudgeonly but always funny fixture in the corner office that has been there for a 100 years, smokes cigars, reports apparently to no-one, and drives old old sports cars to and from work.

Roy

I thought I had finally received a message that left me utterly speechless, but then the brigade of disgusted expletives that left my mouth upon clicking on the attached pics to see a fat old man riding a horse reassured me that I hadn't quite reached that point yet.
Go ahead and reread this message. This time around, imagine it being spoken in the voice of "Yes Guy" from The Simpsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment